Followers.... thank you xx

Sunday 13 March 2011

50's Style


This card is made with an Hero Arts Cling stamp called Make Your Own. The DP is Simplicity Patterns by Fancy Pants Designs. the DP and the stamps are both from the Cubby Hole

I had a go at making my own flower in the scrunchy style... using  a punch and the same DP and rubbing over with DI Victorian Velvet. The paper was a bit thick but I like the result

I really wanted to  sew around the image... I did  have a go but I think I messed up the machine:((

***


I also used a punch for these flowers. I stamped the text onto the punched flowers. don't know about you but i always have a problem with white on black.
I might enter this into the forgotten Friday challenge but I'm not sure if it has to be posted on a Friday. 
I haven't used my punches in a long time and the DP has been lurking in a draw for ever ... can't remember where or when I bought it.

tc Sue xx
ps I've replaced the missing jewel :))

4 comments:

Aquarius said...

Two lovely cards and I especially like the dressmaking one - great paper and stamp and the crumpled flower looks good. I also like the way you've used text paper for the punched flowers on your second card.

Suzi B said...

Thanks Val... I stamped the text onto the card after I'd punched the flowers... didn't think about it untill after they were punched.
Sue xx

Zue said...

Love your creations..fifties.. so much style and lovely sewing patterns around at the time. What does DP mean. I know I should know but I can't work it out. The flower is all the better for being large. Don't worry about the machine, just keep sewing.
Sue x

Zue said...

The thick paper is nice as it can hold more ink!