Followers.... thank you xx

Saturday, 27 February 2010


 I've bin playing with alcohol inks and vellum. The one thing I learned from this exercise is to create a much bigger area than you need. I didn't have enough  prepared vellum for the tag. I tried to reproduce the effect but failed. I stamped the tag onto the DP instead. The DP is from Crafty Individuals book 3 springtime. can't remember where I got the daisy (?) stamp . The tag stamp is from Crafty Individuals.

Enjoy the W/E  even if the weather is going to be wet and windy!

I'm away for a few days... not a jolly!  I'm a witness in an alleged fraud case.. bother! bother! bother!
 xx Sue B xx

Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Heart Frog! and T Cup Mouse

This is my attempt at CUTE!  which  I don't do often... in fact I get a bit of a panic on when CUTE is requested! So thought I'd face me demons and have a go!
The images are from Melissa Jenkins see: MelJens Designs in side bar. As usual I've no idea where the DP are from, I must start making notes! The frog Dp is from a pack a Christmas one I think , might be HOTP,  the gorgeous pink DP is a free digi download.. I love it .. so thankyou to the designer and if you should pop by and recogonize your work let me know so that you can recieve the credit. The flowers and the pink butterfly are  rubber stamps from Elusive Images .

xx Sue B xx

Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Gothic Arch Challenge... Mardi Gras/carnival/masquerade

I've had a pretty uncomfortable ( who am I kidding! it was  bloomin  painful!! ) few days
 but now I'm almost back on track :-)

 I did have to get me thinking cap on  though and came up with the above by using Elusive Images, Harlequin Rose and Peacock Ladies theme plates from Graphicus.
Both the background and peacock lady have been stamped with Archival Brillance graphite black ink pad and embossed with clear detail embossing powder.I used Versamark with gold embossing powder around the edges. Then blinged it up.

 Now can you guess where I got the eye mask image from?...
xx Sue B xx

Monday, 8 February 2010

Crackle Gothic Arch challange

I've used a 12x12  DP, no idea what its called, it's been lurking about for ages.  I used part of it for the background  and cut out elements to make the sqares. The C and the flower square were embossed with UTEE. I deliberately didn't melt all the powder on the last coating to give it a more crackled look, but I think it looks more mottled than crackled, then I "cracked" the UTEE. The leaves have been embossed with clear embossing powder.

xx Sue B xx

Edited version. I've smudged around the arch with versamagic chalk ink... Sahara Sand. Its scanned a bit pinky.. its actually  more browny   :-)

Monday, 1 February 2010

Kathy's Waffle Sketch and Floral Fantasies Blog Candy

This is the first time I've had a go at using a sketch. Its  the sketch for February on Kathy's Waffle Sketch File.The BP is from a K & Co 6x6 Roam pad which was part of the blog candy from Floral Fantasies as is the large flower. the rest of the "stuff" is from my stash. I sprayed the flowers with Sticky Fingers shake-n-spray Copper.
 Here goes with the link!. Kathy I follow your instructions heres hoping! thx S x