Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 6 July 2015

All at sea

Hello and welcome it's time for another challenge at Make My Monday.
This week the challenge is
The Sea
This was another frustrating challenge for me, my imagination went into lock down. So once again I browsed the downloads on my PC and came across these download images from  Cemerony etsy shop
 Hope you like my take on this challenge.

It's my youngest sons birthday this month  and this card will be for him.. he doesn't read my blog so no fear of him seeing the card. Whilst Paul was researching our family history he discovered that way back when one of  his ancestors was a ships captain. This card will be paying tongue in cheek homage to that Captain! It makes a change from the cards I usually make for him with golfers, fishermen etc.
I used a script stamp from Kaisercraft and the little round map stamp is in a jar of travel stamps I bought From TK Max
The England map is part of the download. I covered this and a couple of other images with Glossy Accents.
 the background paper is from  a Tim Holtz Ideology 8x8 paper pad.
 I roughed up all the edges and then aged with DI walnut stain.

Do you like the sailors knots? I had to google knots and how to make them! This is a figure eight knot.
Thank you for looking  :-)
Suzi B xx

6 comments:

Joan said...

Love your nautical card , very vintage . I have that jar of stamps, must have another look at what's in there!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful nautical inspired card with that perfect vintage vibe and wonderful attention to detail.
Suzi, thank you so much for your visits and comments you left for me to read during my absence from commenting. Not sure if I am fully back or just dipping in at the moment, time will tell.
Wishes
Lynne

Fliss said...

This is really gorgeous Suzi. Would never guess they were downloads.
Fliss xx

Zue said...

Something made me think about a project on ships this morning.....interesting minds think alike.
I got a very old book, a huge catalogue of shipping movements, like a ledger.
I thought of picking one out and googling it and get some photos. Have a soft spot for old ships and boats.
These are lovely creations, Suzi!
Zue xxx

Joan said...

Your card is awesome - I love all the great details, including the knot!!!

Marina said...

Classic nautical look but the finishing touches (glossy accents, knots) are amazing.