Followers.... thank you xx

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Le Fleur

Hello glad you popped by it helps soo much when you do I enjoy reading your comments Thank you :-)
 Today I thought I'd share a card that I meant to make for MMM but it wasn't ready in time.  Actually on Monday morning it was still in my head! I was inspired by an article by Kay Carley in July's Craft Stamper magazine using Brushos.


It is similar but different to Kay's but I liked the way she created a light brusho background.. My brusho backgrounds are always on the dark side or way too much intense colour. I end up using loads of water to wash the paint away!
All the colour on this card as been achieved with Brushos. I enjoyed playing  with experimental ways of using the paint. It was a cold, miserable, wet day on Monday so it was an ideal day to spend in my craft room .  I only popped out to Make Dave ( The landscaper building my new deck area) cups of tea.
 Although I enjoyed making this card there are elements of it that "bug" me, mainly to do with positioning. I've added some black dots in a straight line from the sentiment to help with  the balance.

 Hope you like it.
Suzi B xx

3 comments:

Val said...

Gorgeous piece of work Suze. Love the colour combo. Val xx

craftimamma said...

Just remembered to pop over to look at this beauty! I know what you mean about Brusho backgrounds. I keep meaning to get mine out for another practice as I loved Kay's samples too. I think you did really well with this one and the beautiful red contrasts perfectly. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned the balance but I think maybe , if you're going to 'nit pick', lol, moving the sentiment a tad to the right or ....... adding the dots as you have done ......problem sorted! I still think it's gorgeous!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Fliss said...

I think this is amazing Suzi! The background is just stunning and the poppies really pop against it.
Fliss xx