Followers.... thank you xx

Sunday 18 July 2010

Play Date Cafe challenge

I entered last weeks PDC challenge to help them reach 100 and I just happened to have a couple of projects that matched the colour challenge.

This week I thought I'd have a  proper go.. I look every week but never take part.
 This is the colour challenge for this week at PDC http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/

The image is stamped onto white card which has been spritzed with.. Sticky Fingers, Grass Green ,Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in,Garden Fairy, Hydrangea and Lavender Fields.
 I then stamped the image twice more onto plain white card, coloured and cut out the flower heads and decoupaged.,,, The image is water coloured with Whispers  pens, back ground paper is from  the Graphicus Guild paper pack. A smidgen of clear Glamour Dust added to the centre  of the flowers to give it some sparkle. Leaves punched out of the spritzed card using a Martha Stewart punch. Rubber Stamp by Hero Arts.

I enjoyed this project, love the colours and not ones I normally use... and whilst looking through my stash I've found some lovely backing papers ...along this colour theme... so guess I'll be doing it again!

The colours as usual haven't scanned all that well ...I must get into the habit of taking photographs!

Take a look ate the PDC blog there are some fabulous entries..


tc xx Sue B xx

17 comments:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful, Suzi! Soft and gorgeous.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

Anonymous said...

That little bit of sparkle and bling makes it even more elegant. Love your interpretation of the theme!

Joan said...

This is so pretty ! love the colours.

themessycraftroom said...

Beautiful stamping goes so well with Glenda's backing paper. A very pretty card. xChrisB

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is very beautiful, I love the flowers, and the Birthday Belle card is gorgeous too! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello! : )

craftimamma said...

This is one of my favourite colour combinations Suzi and that stamp is one I love too. I have it in my stash. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Suzanne C said...

THis is beautiful! Love the image it is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC.

Lynn Stevens said...

beautiful, Love how you followed through with the flower theme!

Aquarius said...

You have made a pretty card using the colour scheme - love it. You've reminded me that I have this stamp but not used it for a while!! So many stamps - so little time.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH wow!! That flower is LUSH! I just love it! I love how you used it several times on the card too! I think the colors turned out great:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, lovely flower image. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Wali ap Hugh said...

Thought of a great idea this morning while sitting in 'the making room' ... invite a couple of your craft buddies over to share ideas then you'll have to tidy the room up. :o)

Suzi B said...

You mean you just sat there and didn't tidy!!! ;)

Ruby said...

So glad you took the plunge and decided to play along with us this week! Your card is really pretty and you worked with our colours so well! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh Sue this is yummy. Thanks so much for helping out last week. Glad you enjoyed the challenge enough to come back :) Did you see we've passed a 100 again :) I love this card, it's so pretty. Thanks for playing at the playdate cafe :)

Julie Ranae said...

Absolutely lovely. That's all I can say!
o glad you played with us in The Cafe : )

Wali ap Hugh said...

An honourable mention! .. WOW! .. but you're the cream in my coffee every day Suzi B

joe