Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 27 January 2014

Eastern Promise

Good morning and welcome. It's my turn to host the challenge over at Make My Monday  and due to the Chinese New Year falling this week on Friday 31st.... the year of the Horse
I've chosen 
 Eastern Promise
Even though this is my chosen theme I found it quite a challenge..... I've packed quite a bit of my stash including things I wanted to use for this challenge... who's a puddin? ! ... I had to get my thinking cap on !! but luckily this paper pad remained unpacked. along with most of my stamps...
here is the outcome
 Products
 Dovecraft Eastern promise 8x8 paper pack: Main image and Red script papers  distressed with Black Soot.
 Dovecraft. Flower stamp: randomly stamped on the red backing paper. Stamped again on another sheet of DP, cut out, Glossy Accents applied and left to dry, shaped a little and applied.
The birds are from an anonymous ... Chines looking set... 
Tiny silk flowers
Gems
Chinese coin 
Ribbon
I wonky cut the script from what was left over once the main image had been cut and and adhered it to the main image.... so the two images where reunited in the smaller space :)

The saga of the house move continues...  not much time for crafting or blogging but hopefully  I will be able to get round to to seeing your projects. 
 Bye for now 
 Suzi B xx

10 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,what a fab image and I love the papers.xxx

craftimamma said...

Beautiful oriental card Sue! I think it was seeing handmade oriental cards that first got me cardmaking :-) and I still love the imagery now.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Netty said...

Love your card full of eastern delights Suzi. How you manage to craft while preparing to move house will never know. You are obviously a great multi-tasker. Hugs Annette x

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous oriental card Suzi, fabulous layout! Hope your packing is going well:)
Val x

Zue said...

This is really beautiful! How exciting moving house!
Sue x

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning! Love how you put this together. Gorgeous papers and you have combined them so well. Great theme too!

Rossella said...

Just gorgeous
Rosie x

Jacqueline said...

Beautifully Eastern Suzi - it's gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Beautiful Sue and full of Eastern promise! Vicky x

Fliss said...

Better late than never Suzi! A really gorgeous card just full of Oriental delights.
Hugs, Fliss xx