Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 13 January 2014

Birds of a feather

Hello and welcome to the Making Room... This morning being Monday :)  it's time for another challenge at Make My Monday. This week the lovely Rosie has chosen a fabulous theme which is ...
Birds


This is a little collage using four stamps from:
Oxford Impressions: Come Fly with Me: feather
Stamping Up: French Script and Post mark
Local King Rubber Stamp: Chicks5:   little bird:  I cut out part of his tail  with a craft knife so that it appeared over the  feather.
The Artistic Stamper: Birds of a Feather: Sentiment
Versifier : Vintage Sepia
Faber Castell: Big Brush...... thumping technique. 
Link to YouTube   for technique:  I saw this on one of  last weeks entrants... this is my first attempt, I will be trying it again with a less dense stamp and "thump" a bit more to achieve more colour.
 I snipped around the edge of the feather to give it a ruffled look... mind you I forgot to do this before I shaped and adhered it to the card with silicone glue I only realised this morning when I was about to take photographs. It was too dark when I'd finished last night... the lights not brilliant this morning either.
Confession time! this is the second card I made for this challenge... when I was downloading the first one I realised I'd done one very similar last year.. I thought oh no that's boring ! so did  the one above!
here's the copy cat



Now for some BIG news
 I'm moving house.... My home sold very quickly... less than a month on the market! I thought it took months/years even these days for property to sell! So you can imagine my surprise and shock when the estate agent rang with the offer from the first and only viewer!  I'm totally unprepared, thought as I say I'd have months and months to sort out and declutter... I'm downsizing. So all this means that I wont be blogging much... not that I have been doing much blogging for the last year due to  sad family events.
 I am hoping to continue with MMM as and when I can but because most of my stash will be packed away... dreading it!!! my contribution to the design teams inspirational pieces will mostly be clean and simple.
 Have a lovely week and see you soon
 Suzi B  x
 Edited ... later that same day :)
I've been "thumping" again using the splats from the SU set and this time Whispers Strokes. I decided that the Faber Castell big Brush set is too precious to use with this method. I wanted to add a  some subtle  colour... not sure it was such a good idea :( especially the splats at the bottom right!
Bye for now ... I should be de-cluttering!!!

17 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Fab card Suzi and such a cool technique! Good luck decluttering and I hope your move goes well:)
Val x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Both are beautiful artistic clean style designs. Love that feather. Oh my gosh, you will be busy with moving, good luck with it! Take good care, Shirleyx

Rossella said...

Gorgeous, Suzi
Rosie x

Netty said...

Love CAS cards they always make a statement and of course I love yours. Hugs Annette x

Astrid Maclean said...

Great card Suzi! I just watched the thumping technique video and have to say, it looks really cool, but I expect it will work easier wit water based brush markers rather than the big brush pens, but I am going to try both.

Good luck with your move!! Hope you found a nice place to move into!!

Jacqueline said...

A great post Suzi - lovely images too - hope the move goes well for you - Jacqueline xx

Fliss said...

Both the cards are gorgeous Suzi and the thumping sounds rather interesting - will have to investigate!
Good luck with the packing!
Hugs, Fliss xx

Fliss said...

These are both gorgeous Suzi and the thumping technique sounds very interesting (will be investigating this).
Good luck with the packing!
Hugs, Fliss xx

JayBe said...

Love your collage of stamps, Suzi and the 'thumping' technique sounds rather intriguing (just off to take a peek).

Good luck with the move, hun.

Hugz, Jan xx

craftimamma said...

Love both your cards Sue. I have a real soft spot for bird stamps, nearly as much as butterflies, lol!

All I can say is your home must be lovely to have sold so quickly. We downsized 11 years ago and it was lovely when we first moved in here to have uncluttered cupboards and wardrobes. It hasn't lasted though and everything needs turfing out again. Fitting the loft out was a bad mistake, lol, 'cos that's full now too (even has some of DS's Uni art stuff up there and of course our conservatory is my overflowing craftroom....... I am definitely not going anywhere ;D!!!

Good Luck.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sarah Anderson said...

Congrats on selling your house so quickly and good luck with the declutter!!! Great collage

Brenda Brown said...

Looks like you had fun playing with a new technique Susi and I love your project. Good luck with the move, it's such a big job.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Doreen said...

Stunning collage.xxx

Anonymous said...

There is a beautiful elegance to your card - gorgeous.
Wishes
Lynne
Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

There is a beautiful elegance to your card - gorgeous.
Wishes
Lynne
Good Luck!

Christine B. said...

Beautiful cards. Congratulations on selling your home so quickly. Good luck with the decluttering. Hope it all won't be too stressful for you. Love and hugs x ChrisB

Jenny Marples said...

Thanks for introducing me to this technique Suzi. Loving the feather. I hope all goes well with the downsizing (rather you than me!) Jenny x