Followers.... thank you xx

Thursday 16 August 2012

Work in Progress!!

I really admire Lynne Montcrieff  gorgeous art work.. 
  it is always so beautiful and feminine . I thought I'd try and emulate her but she makes it look sooo easy I'm struggling. This is what Ive achieved so far... don't know how it will end up!
An 8x8 canvas. I covered it first with white acrylic paint. I then laid a piece of net curtain over and dabbed with acrylic paint allowing the pattern to  be revealed





 the swirly patterned net
The result... I have never done this before so it was all good fun just experimenting. I did the same again with a floral patterned net laid over the top and dabbed with a different colour... unfortunately that photo didn't turn out for some reason?!
Here are some floral embellishments I cut out from the net. I adhered the leaves to some fawn coloured card  making it easier to shape.

 Not sure how the canvas is going to turn out. I'm struggling to add depth! I'm hoping to use some Lynne Perrella stamps with it.
 thank you for looking.
 take care
xx suzi b xx













7 comments:

Aquarius said...

Thanks for sharing your work in progress - looking good so far and hopefully you will share the finished article with us too. Hope the cough is going away

Brenda Brown said...

Looks great so far.
Hugs

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

This is going to be stunning...don't doubt yourself! You always produce really beautiful things. Suzanne xx

Jenny Marples said...

Just keep going hun - it is scary when you do something without much of a plan but that's when the magic can truly happen. Can't wait to see how it will turn out. Hugs, Buttons x

Netty said...

Loving your adventures, enjoy. x

Christine B. said...

Hi Suzi your canvas looks great so far. Bet its really lovely when you have finished it. Hugs x ChrisB

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Its coming together! Beautiful colours too.