Followers.... thank you xx

Monday, 23 April 2012

Birds/ Animals

Good morning every one.. Its week 45 at Make My Monday and still following Caz's Men and Boys theme we would like to see Birds/Animals on your projects
here's mine
I used a Stampedous Jumbo Songbird rubber stamp. It is an image of a blackbird singing.... I know my bird is pretending to be a blue tit but as a blackbird my card looked a bit dull :o) (see below) and I hadn't used the lovely poem included in the stamp or any thing relating to a songbird!... that might be because i didn't read the package title or the poem... would've helped with the design if I had! lol plus it was last minute (it usually is) because the project  I was working on  (altered box) didn't work out even with the help from my lovely craft buddies at the Cubby Hole... thank you guys ... I will finish it!

Image as a Blackbird




I stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black then painted over in places with DI Shabby Shutters and some Whispers Strokes. I swooshed the colours onto my craft mat, sprayed lightly with water and picked up with a paint brush. I used DI Stormy Sky around the image.
The little greeting is from Stampingallday
  I know I say this every week.. but I do look forward to seeing your projects and don't forget there is a prise from Marianne Designs for the over all winner.
Enjoy your day... even in the rain :o)
xx suzi b xx










13 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your new card Suzi and I agree the bird looks better coloured it brings the colour palette of the card together beautifully. Annette x

Jacqueline said...

Love your songbird Suzi - it makes a lovely card - Jacqueline xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Your card leapt out at me this morning Sue! I love every detail - the stamping on the textured card stock, the colours (we can just say it's a fantasy bird!), the green twine, the label... Gorgeous! Vicky x

PS We've got bright sunshine in Buckingham this morning but not for long I'm sure!

Suzanne Brookfield said...

This is so beautiful, love the effect you have achieved painting with the distress inks. Suzanne x

Aquarius said...

Yes I prefer the colourful version of the bird - could do with cheering up on this very wet grey Monday morning.

Sue said...

Identity crisis or not, this bird is very beautiful. It is a lovely stamp, gives that watercolour feel. I think we are going to have rain too!
xx

craftimamma said...

Your bird is gorgeous Sue and so is the card. I'm a little sad because we had a pair of blackbirds nesting in the wisteria and when mum finally left the nest for a minute the blooming wood pigeons got to it so no babies to look forward to and the nest is deserted :0/. It's chucking it down here ........... again, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Brilliant bird, I love him in his new livery, so much more fashinable! Joking aside this is a lovely card Suzi, xxx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous image Suzi and I love the colours you have used.
hugs {brenda} xox

Gaby Bee said...

Gorgeous Birthday card!

Christine B. said...

Lovely card and a lovely bird. Hugs x ChrisB

Mynnette said...

Suzi, this is stunning! LOVE the beautiful hints of colors on your bird, it's gorgeous! :) A new picture at the top, too, I see! What lovely flowers to have hanging about! :)

Fliss said...

Really lovely card Sue. Just love the bird which I have the smaller version of and it looks like I now NEED this one too lol
Hugs, Fliss xx