Followers.... thank you xx

Sunday 7 August 2011

Inspiration at the Cubby Hole

Yesterday was a Play Day at the Cubby Hole. This is a day when Carol invites us to come along and PLAY! using our own materials etc or in my case for coffee and a chat and to take photos of the stupendous great big Cubby Hole exhibition! This was an exhibition to showcase the diversity  that comes from all the crafters and artists that attend the CH... wonderful place for friendship and artistic inspiration from like minded people... you know what its like being a crafter, friends and family roll their eyes and look to heaven if we start talking rubber stamps, ink, paint, journals etc etc.


Sue Roddis  ( Jabberwocky) and Tracey Evans (Craft Addict) where working away in their journals... some thing I've never really taken to.  Sue was slapping paint onto a big A4 journal  cutting out and sticking Tracey was doing similar. Sue reminded me that journals are just for you not given away or sold.

I then went shopping to a low cost place for cat litter and whilst there, on impulse bought four big tubes (big for me) of acrylic paint. When at home I promptly slapped burnt umber  onto a couple of pages that were pale, dull and yellowish.

 So this is my Impulse, Inspired  by Sue and Tracey journal pages. Thank you xx

 The items I've used are all left over bits and pieces that I particularly like and they would probably have stayed in the bits box for ever. I love the Character Construction ladies having a cuppa in a cup! :))

There are lots of fellow crafters from the CH who constantly inspire and support... Thank you xxx 


This is the Summer themed centre piece from the Cubby Hole exhibition... Celebrating Diversity.


Enjoy the rest of Sunday
 take care
 xx Sue xx

7 comments:

Aquarius said...

The Cubby Hole sounds as if it really is a great place to go - I know all about family glazing over when stamping is mentioned!! Love those ladies in the teacup and I'm sure you will find lots of things to use up the rest of your impulse buy.

Canonbury creations said...

What a lovely day you had and then for it to inspire you to create a journal page! Love the colours and all the different elements:-)
Val x

Sue said...

Glad to have inspired you Sue.....your pages look GREAT!
Sue

Nigel said...

Wonderful pages. When are you going to blog your brilliant exhibit pieces? x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Yippee, so pleased you were inspired, it's great to see you have used some bits and pieces too. Great pages, love the colours. Tracy x

craftimamma said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend all round Sue. Your pages are wonderful. Journaling is something I've not managed to get turned on to either but I think maybe it's lack of time more than anything. I've certainly got plenty of books lying around waiting for a bit of TLC, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful journal pages your colours are lovely - Jacqueline xx