Followers.... thank you xx

Thursday 14 January 2010

Inspiration from GG member





This is a couple of photos taken of a wall plaque I made some time ago at The Cubby Hole crop shop..I know its not a scrap book but I don't do crops....yet!. If I hadn't spent the day at the CH at their crop shop this would never have got done. I had a great day and Carol the CH owner was a great help as was the encouragement from other "croppers".
The inspiration came from another member of the Graphicus Guild who made a wonderful wall plaque. Carol invited me to the crop shop saying just bring what you're working on & I thought the night before, heck what am I working on? I'd been thinking about stamping onto canvass and so this project ...growed! if you see what I mean. So I bungled into a bag (don't have a proper trolley or anything croppy ) all the things I though I might need. Never having done this sort of thing it was a bit hit and miss, thank goodness  the other croppers were more organised and could help me out eg. I forgot acrylic blocks! durr.

The plaque is made from a canvass board sprayed with Sticky Fingers inks, maple, olive & copper shake & spray. I put that aside and started playing with the stamp board squares. This is the moment I bought my first and so far, my only Adirondck  alcohol inks, slate, meadow & currant, blended with alcohol blending solution. It looked a bit too dark so I sprayed with the copper. I then stamped with  images from Glenda Waterworths  Wild Meadow and Live Out Loud unmounted  theme plates using black Stazon, then attached to the  base board. I must say most of the credit goes to the GG member who inspired this work. the Stamp board sqaures came from a wonderful grab back from graphicus it contaned some fantastic stas. graphicus recently offered anothe GB but I was too late .. they flew out of the store! I'll be keeping a keen eye out in case they do another .I'm not missing out again!
 take care
 xx Sue B xx

4 comments:

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

I thought I had already put a lengthy comment. Beautiful work Sue,,,and I should now because I have seen it in the flesh!
Suzanne

Suzi B said...

Yes you did Suzanne ..so glad you re-posted .. I thought I'd published it & was surprised when it didn't appear. me & computers!
hope to see you soon.
xx Sue B xx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Ooh, lovely colours and images! Nice display.

Hugs,
Chris xx

craftimamma said...

Lovely little story Sue and a beautiful project to show at the end of it. The colours are fabulous, in fact all of it is!

Lesley Xx