Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 21 April 2014

Distress it!

Good morning and welcome on this sunny Easter Monday. Hope you've enjoyed a happy Easter week end.
 It's time for another challenge at Make My Monday and this week we'd like to see you

DISTRESS It!
here's mine
I decided to try using a tag! not something I do very often and my plan was to attach it to some embossed/texture paste type background but I was in some discomfort from shoulder, neck and back pain!... think I must have slept in a an unusual for me position so found it difficult to carry on. 
 The idea for this tag came from what I see/hear from the windows and garden in my new home
. I couldn't get, squirrels, ducks, swans, jays or wood peckers etc on the tag :~) or the wonderful movement of the Silver Birch trees swaying in the breeze.
I removed the  charms which were attached to a hair grip and bright yellow, gold.... bought from the pound shop! and tried to "distress" them but was unsure how to achieve it... in the end I used alcohol inks. I'm sure I have a rubber "song" stamp but couldn't put my hand on it.. so wrote it freehand.
Products
for the tag:  Distress Inks: shabby shutters, mowed lawn, broken china and stormy sky, individually swooshed onto a craft mat, spritzed with water, picked up with the tag and dried in between each colour.
Stamps:
In the background, just visible, a large silver birch tree  stamp, sorry can't remember where from.
Chocolate Baroque:Tall Trees and Wisteria lane.
Stampers Anonymous: Urban Chic.
Oxford Impressions: Come Fly with Me
Inks
 DI: black soot
Versafine: onyx black.

The DT at MMM is a bit thin on the ground at the moment due to family illness and the ever present pressures of family life and work. ... but hopefully every one will soon be up and running.
 hope you can join us for this fun challenge... I enjoyed doing my tag although I'm not %100 happy with it ....perhaps if I get round to mounting it on to some textured card or something as planned  it will please me more :)
Enjoy what remains of Easter Monday... I'm off to look at a new car!!!!... LOOK being the operative word, today.
 Suzi B xx
PS
Thought you might like to know that I strengthened the back of the tag  so that my lovely new neighbour, Marie could use it as a book mark... which her husband Chris had suggested it could be used as.

3 comments:

Aquarius said...

I hope your neck/shoulders are feeling OK this morning - take care. Love this tag and like your clever use of pound shop 'finds' - I often look there and also Primark when they have a sale. It certainly sounds as if you are in a lovely spot - good luck with the car.

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful tag Suzi, I love all the elements and images and that it was inspired from your own garden xx

Fliss said...

A really gorgeous tag Suzi and love the nature theme you chose.
Hope you aches disappear soon.
Hugs, Fliss xx