Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 13 May 2013

Literary Inspiration

Hello and welcome, it's time for another challenge at Make My Monday. This week Mynnette would like to see projects that have been inspired by Jane Eyre, either by the book cover or the story.
My card was inspired by both the book cover and the story

I used the book cover as the inspiration for my layout. The sentiment, flower and hearts were inspired by the story.


 This is the inspiration photograph, Mynnette has helpfully outlined the story on the MMM blog.
 
Products.
Hobby Art clear solid flower stamp  CSS010
Sentiment from Flonzcarft
Marianne Craftables Die CR1204
Versafine Onyx Black.
Clear Rock Candy distress stickles.
Black and white card stock
Silicone Glue.
 Now I have a confession to make  :( the original card looked like this
As you can see no red! but  when the distress stickles had dried  the little cut out hearts on the flower had turned red!... to be honest  I preferred this look to the monochrome so I quickly turned the sparkly heart red with a peel off pen and took a couple more photographs..
 I hope you can join us this week, pop across to see how the DT have interpreted  this weeks fabulous challenge.
 Take care, thank you for looking, I really appreciate your visits and love to read comments, see you soon
 xx Suzi B xx

11 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your gorgeous, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Aquarius said...

Oh dear more literary inspiration - not my favourite as you know. Love what you've done and the happy accident worked out well as they often do.

Cazro said...

Gorgeous interpretation, love the black and white. Caz

Rossella said...

Loving the red too,
Rosie x

Fliss said...

A really lovely card Suzi.Love the layering and glittery detail.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Christine B. said...

Beautiful card. Hugs x ChrisB

JayBe said...

Love your interpretation, Suzi - the monochrome effect and the sentiment just fits the theme perfectly.
Hugz, Jan xx

Mynn xx said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous, Suzi! LOVE that floral image and the sentiment is perfect! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :)

Canonbury creations said...

Fab design Suzi, love the layering, simple but it really pops!
Val x

Nicecrane Designs said...

Absolutely a play of art Suzi,,,,love every detail here, OMG,,,,,,These die cuts are stunning and what a creative idea to add these colorful heart.... Thanks for your comments at Florence' s blog working with my picts.

craftimamma said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card Sue. Elegance personified imo! Love the offset doily idea!

Jane Eyre has been my favourite love story since I was given it by my class teacher when I was 10.5yrs old as a gift for passing the 11+ and getting to grammar school. It was a couple of years before I managed to read it but I've since read it many times.

Hugs
Lesley Xx