Followers.... thank you xx

Monday 14 January 2013

Die Cuts and/or Punches

Good morning all and welcome to MMM second challenge of the year, this week is hosted by the lovely Fliss who would like to see 
Die Cuts and or Punches

here's mine
I thought I'd make something other than a card and decided to have a go at altering this heart shape.. not sure where I bought it, probably the Pound Shop or Home and Bargain,some shop along those line. I know it didn't cost much :o)
Here it is before the change
First of all I added paint, acrylic and tester pots of emulsion in white, then two shades of gold.  I added lots of glue with a paint brush pushing it through to the bits underneath then sprinkled Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel all over and heat embossed. next I did the same with Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter.
The flowers were made from Prima 12x12 DP Natures Garden Collection and  Tim Holtz Shabby Floral Die  enhanced with the same Embossing Enamel and pearls from stash.
Before adding the embossing enamel to the flowers I used DI Aged Mahogany and Worn lipstick  to add depth of colour around the edges etc.
I also used a Martha Stuart punch for the flower centres and to scatter smaller flowers here and there. You can just see one or two in the photo above.
Then I added  a bow in two complimentary shades of ribbon.  The heart is quite sparkly and shimmery but it doesn't show all that well in the pics
Thank you to every one that joined in last week with  your fabulous embossing projects It was very difficult  choosing  the top three.
 Pop across to MMM take a look at the DT's fabulous work  for this week and join us in the fun.
 Thank you for looking 
xx Suzi B xx



13 comments:

Fliss said...

Hi Suzi, I did a bit of a double take when I saw this totally gorgeous creation as guess who has one of these (from the Range) all ready for altering in her stash box!
Just love what you did with it here, so very pretty with all those fabulous flowers and touches of Fran-tage.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Vicky Hayes said...

This is beautiful Sue with that beautiful frosty blossom. Vicky x

Aquarius said...

You've worked a marvellous transformation on this little heart - it is beautiful.

Gill said...

Absolutely stunning, I love it!
Gill x

Jacky said...

love it - really different!

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning Suzi, love the frosted flowers:)
Val x

craftimamma said...

This is a beautiful project Sue. Very pretty and feminine and thanks for the details on how you did it because I bought three similar hearts just before Christmas supposedly for gifts and they are still in the bag! Having seen your lovely project I need to do something with mine for birthday gifts maybe.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

veronica said...

stunning Suzi- loved the frosted flowers! So glad I know where to look for one, saw something similar at the weekend and would love to do one myself

Christine B. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Love it and it's so different.
Hugs x ChrisB

Mynn xx said...

OH my word. I think that this is just marvelous! The colors are so wonderful--what a great project right before Valentine's day!!! :) Hope you have a happy week! :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a unique stunning creation.You have transformed it to a beautiful gorgeous home decor piece
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Jacqueline said...

A stunning piece of altered art - gorgeous flowers - Jacqueline xx

Anonymous said...

From a very ordinary heart to something so pretty it looks as though it should be in the window of an up-scale home boutique shop and all with some punches - love this transformation.
Wishes
Lynne