Followers.... thank you xx

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Mid Week Motivation for MMM

Good morning everyone I thought I'd share with you how I made the leaves on this weeks Make My Monday  DT piece. Scroll down for the original post.
 Supplies







I used TH tattered Leaves die to cut the leaves from an A4 DP from chocolate Baroque






I ran the sewing/marker wheel along the leaves. This makes the paper bend and crunch which all helps to the look of an a Autumn leaf. I find the 50p Ikea mouse mat ideal when using the marker wheel
 I mark out the holes first with a fine liner, its not always necessary to do this but I think it gives a better look I then join up the dots. Don't worry if you miss a bit it all works out OK in the end.
Once this is done I shaded the leaves with TH DI's  until I had the desired effect, this also adds to the crinkled look as the points girl in etc....ha ha curl even!

 I also shade the reverse
I hope you find this technique helpful and you are able to use it tecnique on your projects. Suzi B

6 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Brilliant Suzi I really thought you had stitched them! Fab effect:)
Val x

Jacqueline said...

Brilliant - Jacqueline xx

Aquarius said...

And I thought you'd actually stitched the leaves!! Thanks for sharing that technique though - very handy and much easier than trying to control those leaves in the machine.

Christine B. said...

Thanks for sharing how you made your leaves I realy loved them on your card. Hugs x ChrisB

Vicky Hayes said...

Thanks for sharing Sue - your leaves are beautiful! Vicky x

craftimamma said...

Thanks for this Sue. Fabulous idea to use the sewing marker wheel. I put mine from my sewing days in with my craft stuff thinking it might come in handy and promptly forgot all about it. Thanks so much for this tip. Your leaves are very effective.

Hugs
Lesley Xx