Followers.... thank you xx

Friday 13 July 2012

Steampunk Garden?


 It's the time of year when Carol at the Cubby Hole throws down the gauntlet for the
 Celebrating Diversity Exhibition.
This is the exhibition that showcase all the talented crafters that attend workshops, play days etc, etc at the Cub... as its affectionately known. This year Carol wanted to see what we could do with a 12" x 12" canvas with Steampunk as the theme
This is mine called.... Where Steampunk Elements Grow ;o)

 The "garden" is very loosely based on Yvonne Coombers painting.








This stamp and the winged heart are from Chocolate Baroque Punky Romance set .










The butterfly and the little snail are stamps from The Artistic Stamper





This is where the tiny elements begin to grow.... then they fall to the ground and become.... flowers! tee hee.
The flowers are made from flattened bottle tops and all sorts of bits and pieces found either in my steampunk box or lying around the house!




I forgot my camera at the preview this evening.... some fabulous work, you would be amazed! I will take photos next week and show you what we get up to at the Cub!
nite nite 
xx suzi b xx



10 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is fabulous, Suzi!!! LOVE all the elements--I would totally put this on one of my walls!!! :) GORGEOUS! :)

Jenny Marples said...

Oh Suzi, this is so beautiful and a really unusual take on steampunk. Just love it. Thanks for the close ups too. There is so much to take in. Hugs, Buttons x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

This is amazing...I can vouch for that as I have had the pleasure of seeing it in the flesh! Beautiful Suzi!

G Peplow said...

WOW Beautiful canvas Suzi, fab colours, clever you, xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzi
I could sit and study this for an age.
Fabulous stamping but it is the imagination behind the creation of the panel that is quite staggering.
Wishes
Lynne

Jacqueline said...

Stunning - Jacqueline xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Oh Suzi! I LOVE your card. I have never considered a steampunk garden and you have done it with such pizazz! Bravo!! Yvonne

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Suzi! I LOVE your steampunk garden! Such ceativity. I could look at it for days. Bravo!

Zue said...

A Garden-Where-Everything-Works....brilliant!
xxx

craftimamma said...

Whoo, I bet that was some fun workshop! Love it, especially that cute little snail, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx