Followers.... thank you xx

Thursday 7 July 2011

GC109: Chestnut Theme Challenge - On the Road



This is the first time Ive entered the Gingersnaps Creations challenge
The Chestnut theme challenge this month is Machines and starts off with "transportation"... think  I've got that right :)

http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/


PRODUCTS
Stamps:         IndigoBlu:  Grand Tour 1
                     EcoGreen: Steampunk Accessories 1
                     Stampede: Travel Map 3007F
DI:                Walnut Stain... on the edges smudged
Paris Trunk:  Sepia   
Ranger:         Sepia Accents. now this was an experiment :)
I wanted the cogs to look a bit used.. so I dribbled a tiny amount of Sepia Accents onto the cogs and heated with my heat gun ... well it boiled  and bubbled,  leaving at first a sticky mess... but has now dried and looks a bit like grease.. I like it!
 Oops!  I forgot to say the "cogs" are from Joe's workshop "bits" box... thank you Joe xx

Here's a close up.








tc xx Sue xx

9 comments:

craftimamma said...

Oooh love this Sue. Is that some of TH's Kraft resist papers I spy? (Not to self - must get mine out of the drawer). The images you've chosen are fabulous and I love your experiment with the cogs and gears. You are right it does look like grease ........... but without the nasty mess, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

PS I'm offering my apologies again Buddy 'cos I haven't sent your stamps yet. Email on it's way to you and stamps will follow at the weekend. Mwah!!!!

Aquarius said...

This is great for the theme and interesting way you aged the cogs. Love it. That is one beautiful tree in your garden too.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Superb piece Sue! Its perfect for the Gingersnaps challenge and many thanks for playing along with us. Hope we see you again - there are some great challenges coming up!!!!

Netty said...

Your card is terrific Suzi and so loving those cogs. Glad you came and played with us at Gingersnaps. Annette x

Maria Matter said...

this is gorgeous Suzi! I love the cogs & how you treated them...brilliant!
hugs

Alexa said...

Glad you decided to join us at Gingersnap Creations as this is a lovely card. The cogs have worked brilliantly - great effect!

Zoechaos said...

Steampunk through and through love it and isn't it great when you find an old rusty washer or similar and can include it? Great piece XOXO Zoe

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great vintage work.

Art Chick said...

This is a wonderful vintage piece and I love the quote too! Fabulous.