Followers.... thank you xx

Friday 3 May 2013

Circle Journal

April started the Cubby Hole's Circle Journal challenge. There are 14 of us in this challenge which means I wont see my journal again until June 2014!!...
 I should have handed my journal in to "The Boss" (Carol owner of the Cubby Hole craft shop) on the 27th but since it was all so last minute (excuses, excuses I'd known about it for a month! ) I actually handed it over on 29th... terrible I know.... Suzanne (Carols right hand woman) will be furious we've had strict instructions from her NOT TO BE LATE handing in our journals!
 Now onto the journal

My chosen subject is "Significant Places" I chose to use a 12"x12" Hobby Craft journal. Which journal to use was a great debate for me...   what size? should I make my own? ... not good for me cos I'm useless at it ,etc etc. In the end I'm glad I went for the 12x12... 


This is on the inside front cover explaining why I chose Significant Places





 Newborough beach and LLanddwyin Island why this is one of my Significant Places.

Page one about Newborough Forest and  Newborough beach.
page two about Llanddwyn Island and Saint Dwynwen.

The first place I have chosen is  Newborough  Beach and LLanddwyn Island on the Ilse of Angelsey. Even though my journal is 12x 12  it was difficult to only use two pages (rules) and include all the information I wanted to give... hence pockets of photographs with relevant info on the reverse. I would have liked to make a pull out booklet with the photos on but I wasn't sure how to go about it and time was of the essence.
I have amended the rules slightly... they can use peel offs if they absolutely must!!
My next journal belongs to Janet and her chosen subject is Snowdrops. I will blog the journal once it's been handed back to "The Boss" after the 25th May.
thank you for looking, enjoy the wonderful UK weather hope it lasts through the BH
take care 
xx Suzi B xx
 PS ... my craft room is looking quite tidy...  Blogger is taking so long to upload photos it was difficult just to sit and wait, so in some ways the "Blogger Bother" I'm experiencing at the moment has been ... helpful!

10 comments:

Zue said...

This is a great idea. The time will pass quickly!
I like your topic and I can see that your contributions will be eagerly awaited.
Have fun!
Xxx
Sue

Canonbury creations said...

Wonderful project to be part of Suzi, look forward to your progress:)
Val x

Jacqueline said...

What a great idea - and what a lovely first page too, love the photo at the top too - Jacqueline xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love this Suzi, a great idea and wonderful pages go memories.
Hugs Brenda xox

Aquarius said...

What a beautiful area shown in your photograph. This journal idea is a really good one and I'm sure the months will pass quickly until you get yours returned to you. Trying not to be late each month should keep you on your toes LOL!!

Netty said...

beautiful and creative work Suzi, am sure this is going to be an exciting adventure to be part of. Hugs Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow this is amazing Sue - a real labour of love. As for handing it in late, isn't it best to start the way you mean to go on? LOL! Vicky x

Rossella said...

What a lovely idea and beautiful journal.
Am in sunny Conwy this weekend, i will say hi for you,
Rosie x

junemac2 said...

I saw this on facebook and love it so much, so beautifully crafted my friend
hugs June xxxxx

Sally H said...

What a truly wonderful idea, and I love your pages. We had several holidays in and around Bangor a few years ago, and I think we spent more days on the opposite side of the Menai straits than on this side. Magical place